You can utilize a variety of apps in your daily life. You might use Venmo for a while. After you gave it a try, Venmo wasn’t for you. Furthermore, since Venmo is linked to your bank account, you shouldn’t simply keep it inactive. Your Venmo account needs to be deleted. Then, how to delete Venmo account successfully?
We’ll guide you through each step, so you understand everything. Continue reading, and let’s stick with it.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is a payment system app that made easier to split bills to pay things without cash. For private parties, Venmo offers a free platform for transferring money between private parties, with the option to fund transactions via credit card for a small fee. You can pay and request money from your pals using Venmo. When you owe your pals money but don’t want to deal with cash, Venmo offers a social way to pay them. For instance:
- Dividing the cost of a meal.
- Half a cab price for your friend.
- Transferring your share of the rent to your roommate.
How Does Venmo work?
Essentially, Venmo is a cashless method of sending and receiving funds. For instance, you can split a restaurant bill with a coworker, pay for a shared taxi journey with your aunt, or send your roommate your share of the rent using Venmo.
But Venmo has more features than that. You can also:
- Use Venmo’s Mastercard debit card to make purchases everywhere Mastercard is accepted in the United States.
- Pay for purchases made from reputable Venmo partners via apps and mobile websites.
- Make a Venmo purchase using a QR code in-store.
- Cash some checks after establishing your identity by requesting a Venmo debit card or establishing a direct deposit.
- Enrol in direct deposit so that your paycheck arrives in your Venmo account directly, up to two days before your regular payday.
- Get price notifications for the four cryptocurrencies you can purchase, sell, or hold using Venmo: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash.
Both iOS and Android devices can use the Venmo app.
Be Aware of This Before Closing Your Venmo Account
- Download a copy of each transaction before deleting your Venmo account so you have it for your records. Once your account is deleted, you won’t be able to access these details.
- Second, transfer any money still in your Venmo account that is available to your bank account. If you don’t, you’ll have to get in touch with Venmo to collect your money.
- Last but not least, be aware that when you cancel Venmo account, it will also delete any business profiles connected to it. If you just wish to deactivate your business profile, not your personal one, get in touch with Venmo.
How to Delete Your Venmo Account?
If you no longer want to use Venmo whether you have security concerns or any other reason, you can easily do it with your mobile or your computer.
You may quickly remove Venmo account from a mobile or computer web browser even a mobile app. Before you can delete your Venmo account, you need to be sure that there are no pending transactions and that there is no money in the account itself.
After you remove your Venmo account, your transaction history and personal and financial information will be deleted. To safeguard your Venmo transaction history, save the last email that includes it.
Deleting/Closing a Venmo account is a simple task. If you want to permanently delete Venmo account, just you have to follow below easy steps:
Step 1: Log in to Your Venmo Account
The first step in deleting your Venmo account on your PC is to go to venmo.com and log in to your account using your email address and password.
Step 2: Access Your Account Settings
After logging in, click on the “Settings” option located in the right sidebar menu. This will take you to the account settings page.
Step 3: Close Your Venmo Account
Scroll down to the bottom of the account settings page and click on the “Close my Venmo Account” option.
Step 5: Process your Deletion
Click on the “Next” button to proceed with the account deletion process. We recommended reviewing and downloading your transactions before proceeding for future reference. And click on the “Next” button again.
Step 4: Confirm Account Deletion
On the next page, you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete your Venmo account. Click on the “Close Account” button to proceed with the deletion process.
How to delete Venmo account through the App?
By following these instructions, you can also delete your Venmo account from the app:
- Open the Venmo app on your mobile device, and go to the “Me” tab by tapping the person icon or initials.
- Then from the top right, tap the Settings gear.
- Now, Select “Account” under “Preferences“.
- And finally, tap the “Close Venmo Account” button to remove or delete your account.
For more support or fast support, you can chat with the Venmo team by app or call them at (855) 812-4430.
How to delete Venmo business account?
You can’t directly close your Venmo business account. You’ll need to contact Venmo customer service. Here’s how to delete Venmo business account:
- Go to Venmo’s contact us page.
- Fill up your Full name, Phone number, and Email address on file with Venmo, and enter “For Deleting my Venmo Business Account” as a Subject.
- Select “I’m a Venmo customer and need help with my account” as a “How can we help?” question answer. After selecting the “How can we help?” answer a second field will appear. Select “Business Profiles and Charity Profiles” as a “Which best describes your issue?” question answer. After that, a third field will appear. Select “I need help setting up my business profile or charity profile” as an answer to the third field.
- Write down what you want to do in the “Tell us what’s up” field.
- After completely filling up every field just click on the “Submit” button to send your message to Venmo customer service.
For more business profile support you can send an email to [email protected].
Deleting your Venmo personal account will automatically delete your Venmo business account. If you wish to delete your Venmo business account individually you can go through this process.
How to Delete a Venmo Account for a Deceased Person?
You might need to delete someone else’s Venmo account if you manage their digital legacy. Eliminating any superfluous accounts, such as a Venmo account, is a crucial step in the post-loss checklist. Because Venmo is associated with money, leaving it open could be dangerous. Fortunately, removing a deceased person’s Venmo account is easy to do.
To remove a deceased loved one’s Venmo account, follow these instructions.
- Try logging in
- Message Venmo
Try logging in
Try logging in if you know the username and password of your deceased loved one. Then, by performing the aforementioned procedures, you can delete it.
You can also choose “Reset Password” if you can access their email. Or you might be able to access their phone if you are in charge of their complete digital legacy. They can modify the login information if they have the Venmo app. In this manner, you can delete it from a computer after logging in.
There is no set policy for family members to adhere to when using Venmo. Try calling Venmo at 855-812-4430 if you are unable to access your loved one’s account and explain the circumstances. Additionally, be ready to send them critical documents like your ID and their death certificate through fax or email.
How Do I Delete My Venmo Account on Android?
Using a computer browser, sign in and proceed to your account settings. At the bottom of the page, click “Close my Venmo account“.
Does It Delete a Venmo Account After It Is Closed?
Before cancelling your account, you must transfer any funds in it to your bank account or return them to their sender. Any funds that are still in your Venmo account when you close your account won’t be accessible to you without getting in touch with Venmo once more.
Why Is It So Difficult to Remove My Account From Venmo?
If there are funds in your account or active transactions, Venmo won’t let you close your account. One of two actions is required. The money can always be sent back to the sender. Transfer the money into your bank account if you want to keep it.
Is Creating a New Venmo Account with the Same Number Possible?
The temporary phone number technique can be used to get around Venmo’s prohibition against having two accounts with the same phone number. The DoNotPay app, the Receive SMS website, and iMessage are the services indicated in the preceding section that you can use.
Can a Frozen Venmo Account Be Deleted?
Your Venmo frozen account can be deleted by following the instructions below. After logging in to your account, go to “Settings.” The “Delete My Account” option can be found by scrolling down the settings menu. You must enter your password if you’re certain you will delete your account.
What Will Happen if You Owe Money to Venmo?
The simplest way to get your Venmo account back in working condition is to pay the bill with a debit card. The payment may also be made via your bank, but keep in mind that it can take a few days for the transaction to be processed. Your account will be restored once Venmo gets the necessary amounts to replace the missed payment.
Beyond just allowing customers to send and receive money, Venmo provides a variety of features. However, users of Venmo or those considering utilizing Venmo should be aware that some of these services do not come for free. Some of Venmo’s services are subject to fees. Users have the option to change their minds and deactivate their Venmo accounts. We’ve covered every possible method for deleting a Venmo account.
How can a Venmo account be terminated? It’s not that challenging. You will know what to do if you take the actions this article suggests. We think you’ll find this article useful.