Are you in trouble with Kakaotalk? Or do you need to close your current Kakao Account to change or shift your business chat to another? If this happens, you plan to Deactivate or Delete Your Kakao Account. This article will be the perfect step-by-step guide for you with marked screenshots. Let’s go!
What is Kakao?
Kakao is a virtual platform that allows users to store and access information like photos, videos, and articles. It lets people talk to each other through group chats, voice calls, and text messages.
KakaoTalk has a market share of up to 97% in South Korea, making it the greatest messaging medium for companies and the perfect route to contact South Korean customers. KakaoTalk for Business is made for businesses with more employees and has more features. Notifications, payment alerts, transaction data, or promotional messages with images or merely text may be delivered to KakaoTalk users through the official business KakaoTalk channel, allowing friendlier engagement with clients at a cheaper cost than SMS.
To use KakaoTalk, all you have to do is sign up for an account. You can do this with your phone number, Kakao account, and email address. The drawback is that some of the functions need users to have a Korean cell number, which may frustrate overseas users.
As a product of Kakao Corp, KakaoTalk gives users access to many technological services that make their lives easier and don’t cost much. With the long-term implications of COVID-19 on how people’s lives have altered, having an app that allows you to accomplish whatever you need from the comfort of your home is a huge benefit.
Why should you delete Kakao accounts?
Many people need help deleting programs like KakaoTalk from their devices. Some have problems when they try to uninstall the program, while others have issues after deleting the application.
The following are the primary reasons why people remove KakaoTalk:
- The program doesn’t work with other programs that are already installed.
- The program crashes or freezes often or sometimes.
- The user didn’t think the program would be as good as it was.
- The program is back on again, uninstalled, and installed afterward.
- The user or some websites think that the program could be dangerous.
- The program is not listed in Windows Control Panel or Settings.
- Some of the program’s processes still run on the computer even after it has been deleted.
- There are still some traces of the program on the computer.
- Getting rid of something takes a long time and never ends.
What happens if you delete Kakao accounts?
When you delete KakaoTalk, you also delete your account, all of your conversations, and any files you’ve exchanged.
How to delete Kakao account via the website?
- Login to your Kakao account.
- After successfully login click “Kakao my kakao account.”
- In the below click “Delete Kakao Account.”
- For confirmation to delete kakao account click the “Confirm” button.
- Enter your Kakao current password and click the “Confirm” button.
- Make sure to mark the “I have read the above statements” and click the “Confirm” button.
- Confirm your Kakao account email and click the “Confirm” button.
- And your Kakao account has been deleted.
How to delete Kakao account via the app?
Most social media apps have a way for users to sign out when they are done reading all the news feeds based on their profiles. But unfortunately, KakaoTalk needs to give its users a way to sign out. So you can’t sign out of your KakaoTalk profile from the app.
- Open your Kakao application.
- Tap on three dots.
- Then click the “setting” option.
- Tap on Support.
- Click Help.
- Then select “How do I delete my Kakao account?“
- Tap on “Delete Kakao Account.”
- Then Confirm your request.
How to delete KakaoTalk backup data?
- Open KakaoTalk and tap on “More“.
- Select Settings, then Chats.
- Now, tap Chat Backup and choose “Delete Backup.”
Frequently Asked Questions – Kakao
Is it true that Kakao deletes inactive accounts?
If your Kakao account has been temporarily deactivated and you haven’t been in for four years, your Kakao account and any information they have on file for you will be permanently erased from the Kakao database.
Can messages be deleted from Kakao?
Messages are not deleted when you delete KakaoTalk. Messages are saved on the server and may be accessed by anybody with account access.
How do you remove Kakao friends?
On Kakao, you may hide or ban a buddy but not remove them. Access your Kakao account’s friend list, hold down the buddy you wish to erase, then touch the Hide option.
How do I get back messages I deleted on Kakao?
If you delete messages on KakaoTalk, you can get them back in a few different ways. You can either use the app’s “Restore Deleted Messages” feature or a tool made by someone else. The app’s “Restore Deleted Messages” feature will return all your deleted messages in the last 30 days. You can use a third-party tool like Message Recovery Pro to get back deleted messages from more than 30 days ago.
This guide explains how to Delete Kakao Account. We will make every effort to ensure that you understand this tutorial. We hope you like this article. Please stay in touch if you continue to have problems with anything.