The US’s most well-known online food delivery company is DoorDash, which holds a 56% market share. Their services are provided in the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, and Japan. The business states that it has relationships with more than 200,000 establishments and sends out more than 800,000 deliveries daily.
Without a doubt, DoorDash is a very successful business in the US. 56% of the clients in their industry are solely under their control. Due to this, the firm was in a unique position to impose monopolistic restrictions on the food delivery industry and to have security concerns regarding the data of its clients and delivery partners.
These measures, which many people dislike, are the main cause of deleting the DoorDash account. You may need to delete your account, so you must know how to delete your DoorDash Account? You can do it easily on your own.
At a Glance: From the home page of DoorDash, go to Account Settings. In your profile box’s upper right, click Manage Account. Continue by selecting Delete Account and completing the steps.
How To Delete Your DoorDash Account?
Since there’s no option to delete your Doordash account in the mobile app, you’ll need to use the Doordash website. You can do that in a web browser on a computer phone or tablet. If you use the Caviar app deleting your Doordash account will also delete your caviar account.
However, there are below a few steps to delete a DoorDash account:
- Open your computer’s browser. Type DoorDash.com and log in with your email and password. If you’re using a phone or tablet tap “Continue in Browser” to avoid opening the app.
- Once you’re inside the main home page, click on the hamburger menu located at the top left-hand corner.
- Now, From the options displayed click “Account“, and then click on the “Manage Account” option at the top right.
- On the manage account page, you’ll be able to see two options displayed. If you want to download some of the personal information so that you don’t want to lose it, you can click on “Request Archive“. This contains all of your order receipts and billing information. And to proceed to delete your account click on the “Delete Account” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, go through the two-step verification process and type in the 6-digit code that has been sent to your mobile number registered with DoorDash. Once you enter your successive code click the “Submit” button. Once your mobile number has been verified follow the on-screen prompts, and you’ll be able to delete your DoorDash account permanently.
That is how it can be done.
How to Cancel DashPass Subscription?
Deleting your account means you will have to reopen your account anytime you change your mind. If that’s the case, you can cancel your subscription rather than delete the account permanently. Follow these steps to cancel your DoorDash subscription.
- Open the DoorDash app or visit the website.
- Now from the top left corner, tap the account icon.
- Then again tap “Manage DashPass“.
- On the next step, click on “End Subscription“.
Why Are People Deleting DoorDash Accounts?
For various reasons, deleting your DoorDash account can suddenly become necessary.
The DoorDash app might no longer be necessary if you find a new preferred meal delivery service. Or you’ve decided to cook more often rather than order takeout, in which case you wish to cancel your subscription or deactivate your DoorDash account.
Or maybe you’re unhappy with DoorDash for personal reasons.
However, there are a few main reasons why you may want to remove your DoorDash account.
- Disappoint by the delivery guy
- Opening wrong account
- Data Breaching
- The problem with Tipping deliverymen
Disappoint by the delivery guy
The unofficial nickname for the DoorDash food delivery men is “Dasher.”
Occasionally, DoorDash may assign you to a dasher who is delayed.
Or perhaps a software error caused the food to arrive late.
You might wish to remove your DoorDash account if you’re having problems brought on by unpleasant past experiences.
Opening wrong account
- Launching DoorDash allows account registration.
- When creating an account, you have to select whether you want to be a customer or a dasher.
- If you pick the incorrect one, you’ll want to delete your DoorDash account as soon as possible.
The business disclosed in May 2019 that a technical issue had allowed access to customer, delivery partner, and merchant data that was supposed to be private and secure to be compromised.
The app’s users who created accounts between April 2017 and April 2018 were impacted by this data breach. DoorDash’s recent security vulnerability may be grounds to deactivate your account.
The problem with Tipping deliverymen
In July, DoorDash came under fire the same year for allegedly keeping the gratuities customers had left for its delivery partners.
By first sending the funds to the business accounts and ensuring they covered the stipulated minimum required to pay the driver, DoorDash deliberately withheld the tips paid by the clients.
The business would then pay the delivery driver the balance after that condition was met. Due to this discriminatory policy, a class action lawsuit was filed against the business for having a “materially false and misleading” tipping policy. After a 2.5 million dollar settlement, the corporation was required to change this policy.
DoorDash did alter its tipping guidelines, but you might need to learn how to remove your account due to a lack of confidence in the business.
These days, we have been obsessing over food delivery apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, PostMates, etc. However, if you have changed your mind and want to delete your DoorDash account, you should know that you can not delete DoorDash from the iOS or Android food delivery app.
You can change payment methods, cancel a subscription, and remove credit card information through the smartphone application.
Leave a Reply